Modulärsynt i pedalform!
A Powerful Modular Synth Pedal for Your Guitar or Bass
Source Audio’s C4 Synth Pedal packs the power of a classic Eurorack modular synthesizer into a compact, rugged effects pedal for your guitar or bass. With four simple controls, a choice of three guitar/bass synth effects, and multiple methods of patch storage and recall, the C4 is remarkably easy-to-use and it boasts wicked-fast response, rock-star tracking capability, and limitless sonic potential. Just plug and play to immerse your axe in an ocean of killer synth sounds. When you’re in the mood to dive deeper into sound design, connect the C4 to Source Audio’s Neuro Desktop Editor (free download for Mac and Windows) or Neuro Mobile App (free download for iOS and Android), and the sky’s the limit.
Dive deeper with Neuro Editor
In the desktop and mobile Neuro Editors you have the tools to create retro-futuristic synth patches beyond your wildest dreams. Use the C4’s four parallel voices, three oscillator wave shapes, 10+ envelope followers, 20+ modulating filters; plus distortion, tremolo, pitch shifting, intelligent harmonization, programmable sequencing, and more to craft your sonic masterpieces. It’s all there, from classic synth tones you’ve always wanted to deploy from your guitar or bass to those ephemeral flashes of brilliance you’ve dreamed of, but never actually heard. On a tight deadline? If you need great sounds quickly, simply call up one of the countless presets curated by the Source Audio team or the growing legions of C4 users.
The C4 backstory
Source Audio’s Chief Engineer Bob Chidlaw, inspired by his own Eurorack system, wanted to share the wealth with guitarists and bassists by designing a powerful synthesizer in a Source Audio One Series pedal format. The C4 is a stunning accomplishment. This compact synth pedal has not only bewitched the legions of guitar and bass players at Sweetwater; it’s also captured the imaginations of serious synthesists like our Director of Product Optimization Daniel Fisher, who are enthralled with all the sonic goodness Source Audio has been able to pack into this little gem. Design your sounds, burn them directly to the pedal in any of the C4 Synth’s 128 preset positions, save them to your own personal effects library, or share them with the C4 Neuro community. Trust us — you’ll be blown away by the C4.
Source Audio C4 Synth Pedal Features:
- Unprecedented sound sculpting options with modular synth-inspired software editors for maximum sound exploration
- Powerful Neuro Desktop Editor (free download for Mac, Windows)
- Neuro Mobile App (free download for iOS, Android)
- Create custom C4 Synth presets that can be burned directly to the pedal, saved to your private cloud library, or shared with other members of the Neuro community
- 128 MIDI-accessible factory presets with addition of 3rd-party MIDI controller and USB host provides
- Ever-growing published Preset library created by Source Audio and the C4 Neuro community
- Easy plug-and-play using 3-position toggle switch to select from any of the C4’s three pre-loaded synth patches
- Mix together any of the C4’s 4 independent voices
- Assign any voice to oscillator wave shape, monophonic or polyphonic pitch shifter, intelligent harmonizer, and sequencers; or dry signal to distortion, tremolo, and filter FX
- Mix and match any of the C4’s 3 oscillator wave shapes (sine, square, or saw) for pure synth tones
- Select from 11 envelope followers with adjustable attack/decay and ADSR triggering envelopes
- Choose from 25 filters, controllable with an envelope follower or independently modulating LFOs
- 14 onboard LFOs (Low Frequency Oscillators) to control modulation of filter, vibrato, and tremolo
- 8 available LFO wave shapes, including sine, square, sample and hold, saw tooth, and more
- Run 2 simultaneous 16-step sequencer patterns
- Choose from pre-programmed sequencer patterns or create your own custom patterns.
- 2 modes of operation: Standard Mode for classic stompbox operation; Preset Mode to save user presets (including all knob positions) to each of the three toggle switch positions
- Stereo Inputs and Outputs: use Neuro Editor panning controls to route each Voice to any location in the stereo field
- Universal Bypass: analog buffered or relay-based True Bypass
- MIDI control connects to Neuro Hub for access to 128 presets with MIDI Program Change (PC) messages, control of pedal parameters with MIDI Continuous Controller (CC) messages, or assigning LFO speed with MIDI Clock
- USB Port (class-compliant USB-MIDI) for plug-and-play with Mac and Windows recording software; connectivity with Neuro Desktop Editor for deep editing and pedal firmware updates
- Control Input jack for External Expression and Tap Tempo control: use with optional Source Audio Dual Expression Pedal (expression control for multiple parameters) or Tap switch to adjust LFO rates on the fly
- Durable, compact anodized aluminum housing with sturdy hardware
- Includes 9V DC power supply (300mA, negative tip; pedal draws 165mAP